To Promote secular spiritualism which is the religion for the entire humanity based on rational and scientific background.
President of World Community Service Centre – SKM Maeilanandan
SKM. Maeilanandhan,is an Indian industrialist and founder of SKM Group of companies. He was honoured by the Government of India, in 2013, by bestowing on him the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, for his contributions to the field of social service.
SKM. Maeilanandhan was born as S.K.Mayilsamy Gounder, a name he discarded to take up the present one, in 1945, in a small hamlet, Saminathapuram near Modakurichi, Erode Taluk near Erode, an inland commercial city in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu, in a Kongu Vellalar agricultural family. Choosing not to pursue a farming career, Maeilanandhan opened a small general store in Modakurichi Erode in 1965, which over the years, grew into a ₹ 25 billion business group, with diverse activities covering Fertilizer distribution, Poultry farming, Animal feeds and marketing, Siddha and Ayurveda medicines, and composed of:
i) SKM Egg Products Export India Ltd
ii) SKM Animal Feeds and Foods India Private Ltd
iii) SKM Siddha and Ayurvedha Medicines India Pvt Ltd
iv) SKM Health and Mind Welfare Charity Trust
In 2006 after the demise of Thathuvagnani Vethathiri Maharishi he handed over his business to his 2 sons and SKM devotes all his time to social service.
SERVICE FOR YOGA AND SPIRITUAL EDUCATION:
SKM. Maeilanandhan learned Simplified Kundalini Yoga in 1982 formulated by Vethathiri Maharishi and became his disciple and member of The World Community Service Centre (WCSC) a Non Religious and Non Profitable Organization established in 1958 Under Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act with its Headquarters in Chennai. After 5 years, in the year 1987 Swamiji nominated him as the Vice President of the World Community Service Centre. Later in 1997 Swamiji nominated him as the President of WCSC and he continues to serve till date. The aim of the Organization is to attain Individual Peace, Family Peace and ultimately World Peace. 392 trusts are affiliated with WCSC along with 2106 sub centres and 14,190 SKY masters for teaching. He is the Editor and Publisher of Anboli and Manavalakkalaignan Spiritual Monthly Magazines for the past 30 years. Under his leadership as president during the past 21years, he streamlined and systematized the organization and formed various Directorates and Zones for functional development. During these years around 35 lakhs of people have learnt Yoga and meditation and 40 lakh people learnt kayakalpa Yoga. As a visionary in Yoga education he institutionalized Yoga, Meditation and Karma Yoga style of living through SKY Yoga, a Value Based Cultural Education to the public and students. He formed a Directorate, VISION for Wisdom as an Educational wing of the WCSC in order to impart the Value Based Education in collaboration with 30 Universities by creating MoUs and formulated Yoga for Human Excellence as Certificate, Diploma, Degrees and doctorate courses. 1,54,469 are benefited. Among them 70 percent are females. He developed a novel scheme, Yoga for Youth Empowerment and courses are conducted in schools and colleges. 3,16,454 are benefitted. In Government schools it is given freely. Through G.Os yoga courses are given to 1,05,000 SSA teachers, 10,000 police personnel, 5,100 PET teachers, Adhidravidas and Tribes 100 Hostels, 68,652 hostel students of Backward and most backward development Department. Free Yoga training for 14 lakh Govt. school children and 1024 Head Masters. Yoga courses to 1,64,903 members of the SHGs under TNPVP in 1933 villages. He conceptualized Yoga as a Divine gift to improve rural population, developed a special project under the name Village Service Project WCSC-VSP with the primary aim of transforming the under developed villages into clean, green, healthy and peaceful villages. To achieve this aim Yoga, Meditation and Virtuous way of living are taught freely to people in these villages. Through WCSC-VSP yoga and meditation courses are taught to 61,000 villagers in 148 villages. Swachh Bharat Mission is well implemented.
He established the Vethathiri Maharishi College of Yoga in Chennai WCSC Head Office Campus with the affiliation of Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University.
He is the Managing Trustee of Vethathiri Maharishi Kundalini Yoga and KayaKalpa Research Foundation a residential Yoga and Spiritual Educational Training Centre at The Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar, Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu panchayats.The charitable trust he founded in 1989, SKM Health and Mind Welfare Charity Trust, has adopted two dalit villages, Gandhi Nagar and Rajiv Nagar in Saminathapuram where 228 Dalit Families with a total of 761 people are living, with an aim to freely provide all Basic needs such as Food, Clothes and Shelter along with medical facilities are being provided to the aged people and Children. His ultimate vision is to give free Education up to Graduation Level for the Children living in both the Villages. Value Based Cultural Education, School Fees, Text Books, Uniforms, Transport Facilities, a Coaching Centre, Library, Meditation and Yoga Training, Hospital Facilities with Medical services of a Senior MD Doctor along with assistance for Marriage, Delivery and even funeral are provided freely to the 2 dalit colonies.
SERVICE FOR CLEAN AND GREEN ENVIRONMENT:
He founded The Periyar Nagar Park Maintenance Trust in 1992 and constructed the Periyar Nagar Park with permission of the Erode corporation, which is beautified with trees, flowering plants and a huge playground for children. He pioneered the Clean and Green Project coincidentally, with the same objectives of Swatchch Bharat Mission.
SERVICE FOR CONSUMER AWARENESS:
He is the President of the Erode District Consumer Protection Centre CPC from 1987 registered under Societies Registration Act to protect the interest of fellow citizens. CPC has its Affiliated Centres in all the 299 Village Panchayats and Consumer Clubs in Schools and Colleges in Erode District. In spite of being an Industrialist he served for consumers and received National Award in 1993 for CPC. He conducted folk Dance and Drama in rural areas, Consumer Clubs at Educational Institutions and many State Level Seminars and Training camps. As a unique project Hi-Tech Scrolling machines each with 11 posters are functioning for awareness. 17 books were published for consumers. More than 1000 consumer complaints were compromised and settled through this centre. He is the Editor of monthly magazine Nugarvore Khaavalan which is circulated for past 27 years and very informative and useful.
SERVICE FOR SMALL FARMERS:
He was the First Business man to start the Poultry Farmers Welfare Association in 1983 and became its Founder President. He pioneered a Modern Rural Marketing Barter System and initiated self employment in the village and provided year-round job opportunities, arrested migration of villagers to cities, organized more than 150 seminars and farmers meets to study and analyze their problems and educate the farmers. He runs a poultry monthly magazine Kozhi Nanban till date. He was instrumental in the inclusion of Eggs in Government Noon Meal Scheme to eradicate malnutrition among children.
SERVICE FOR NATIONAL WELFARE AWARENESS:
He founded The National Welfare Awareness Movement in 1999 inaugurated by Bharat Ratna C.Subramaniam aimed to generate National Spirit and Patriotism among citizens. Service for Handicapped and Destitute: He is the Managing Trustee of Erode Arima Society Trust from 1980. It is a Rehabilitation Centre for the physically challenged, widows and destitute women and run by the Lions Club of Erode.
SERVICE FOR TAMIL FRATERNITY:
He is the President of Erode Tamil Ilakkiya Peravai, a Trust to promote Tamil Literature accredited with Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi.
SERVICE FOR SPORTS:
He is the President of Erode District Volley Ball Association for the past 28 years. In order to encourage sports SKM rolling trophies with cash are awarded for Volleyball, Cricket, Football and Kabadi.
He has been honoured by the President of India with distinguished “Padma Shree Award”, India’s fourth highest civilian award, in year 2013 for his social work.
He has received several National and State Awards for his accomplishments as a recognition to his contributions in various fields.
Shri Pranab Mukherjee, The President of India 2012-2017 (right) and Shri SKM. Maeilanandhan(Left)
1. Sutruchulal Kavalar Environment Protector Award, 2009 by The Government of Tamil Nadu for Social Service rendered under Clean, Green and Healthy Project in the field of Environment Protection.
2. State Productivity Award for the year 1987 to 1988 and 1988 to 1989
3. State Industrial Safety Award for Outstanding Performance in Industrial Safety in 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007.
4. For the Sake of Honour Award, 1985 by Rotary International, Erode for the best Performance in Social Service.
5. Lifetime Achiever Award, 2004 by Rotary International for Outstanding Contribution to the Industry and Yeomen Services to the Poor Slum Dwellers in 2004.
6. Freedom through Education Award, 2000 by Round Table International, India for the Yeoman Services and Outstanding Contribution to promote Education to the Less Fortunate Children.
7. Outstanding Young Person of the Year 1977, Awarded by Indian Jaycees
8. Sevai Chemmal Award 2004 to 2005 by The Lions Club International for the Yeoman Services in the Development of the Society.
9. Aanmeega Thavachudar Award 2010 by Thirumurai Kalagam.
10. Aanmega Kalai Chemmal 1988 Presented by Meiyariviyal Kazhagam, Tamil Nadu.
11. Poultry Legend award in 2018 by Indian Poultry Equipment Manufacturers Association.
1. Padma Shri Award 2013 by The Honorable President of India Shri. Pranab Mukerjee for Social Work.
2. National Best Consumer Protection Council Award 1993 to 1994 by The Government of India for Best Consumer Council in Whole of India with a Cash prize Rs.50,000.
3. National Award for Child Welfare 2010 by The Government of India Ministry of Women and Child Development with a Cash price of Rs.3,00,000
4. The National Award for the Welfare of the Handicapped 1995 by The Honorable President of India Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
5. Best Tax Payer Award 1994 to 1995 by The Income Tax Department, Tamil Nadu for the Second Best Tax Payer in the Category of Business Individual in Tamil Nadu Region.
6. Best Tax Payer Award 1995 to 1996 by The Income Tax Department, Tamil Nadu for the First Best Tax Payer in the Category of Business Individual in Tamil Nadu Region.
7. Agriculture and Processed Food products Export Development Authority APEDA Quality and Export Promotion Award, New Delhi Silver Trophy from 1999 to 2011. Gold Trophy from 2014 to 2016
8. Best Export Performance 2005 to 2006, 2010 to 2016 MEPZ Special Economic Zone Government of India Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
9. National Safety Award,1990,1991 in Industrial Safety.
10. National Productivity Award 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2006.
11. Outstanding Young Person Award 1978 by Indian Jaycees for National Top Ten Category in the field of Social Service.